The small but pretty village of Allgreave is set amid the most spectacular Peak District countryside on the border of Cheshire and Staffordshire. The village overlooks the beautiful Dane Valley, where the River Dane cuts its way through the Cheshire Plain.
There are two landmark buildings in the village. The beautiful Methodist Chapel lies right on a sharp bend in the road. Built in 1871 by the Wesleyan Methodists, it is a building of charm and character, but sadly closed in 1999 and remains empty.
Overlooking the chapel is the Rose and Crown pub, with magnificent open views across the lush green landscape. Built in 1790 as a turnpike inn, the pub now offers great food and accommodation.
The Dane Valley Way passes close to the village. This 66 mile long distance trail path runs from Buxton to Middlewich, tracking alongside the course of the River Dane, the longest river in Cheshire.